Total Pageviews

Monday, May 11, 2009

Challenging Anger Issues



I'm not sure about you, but sometimes I get angry about something, but I'm not really sure why I'm angry in the first place. Often, if I get time to sit and write in my journal, I can identify what made me angry, in reality. Most of the time it surprises me by not being what I thought it was about. How often does this happen to you?

Take your most recent angry outburst or moment and spend time writing about it in your journal. Identify what made you react in the first place. Locate the moment you decided it made you feel angry. This is the important part. Most often we respond through white hot emotion instead of what is actually happening. Break it down into dialogue or scenes, depending on what transpired, and work through it in logical steps.

You will be surprised to learn something about the way you think, especially when under pressure or feeling deeply emotional. I have found this invaluable when having arguments with hubby. I can argue in a more constructive manner. And I discovered this through journal writing. I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchang

No comments:

Post a Comment