Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Handling Solitude



This morning, at a most ungodly hour, I dropped off my hubby and his sister at the Perth International airport. They're winging their way off to Cambodia for just short of two weeks. This leaves me with much more time alone they I usually have. For me this idea is bliss. I spend so much time doing things for and with others that moments of solitude are sweetly savoured. But I know not everyone feels this way about solitude.

How do you handle solitude? Is it something you enjoy or endure? Do you make plans to do projects to keep yourself busy through these times or do you revel in not having to do anything? Write about solitude in your journal. Discover what it means to you. Is it a tonic or a toxic experience? Has this changed at different times of your life? Create a visual journal page about this topic. Remind yourself to do the same exercise in say five or ten years, to see how your thoughts on solitude have altered in that time.

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from Ivan Vicencio from stock.xchng

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, thanks, Ivan, from South America, Chile.

    Please visit mi flickr page:
    www.flickr.com/photos/pepoideas

    you may want to use some of my photos published there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, Heather. I truly cherish solitude as it is rare and hard to obtain. But every minute of it is delightful! xo, O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivan,
    Thanks so much for the photo & the flickr page link. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia,
    Thanks Olivia. Hope you can use it in your journal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete