Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Memories & Place



On Friday I took a little walk along my local beach. I collected shells for a pendant I planned to make later that evening. While I walked & collected I felt the sun warming me and breathed in the briny air. I listened to the gulls squawk and the waves tumble onto the shore. I couldn't have felt more at home. I grew up going to the beach almost every day. The memories come back to me with the scent of salty breeze or the way someone mentions the curl of the waves.

What place brings back memories for you the strongest? Do you find yourself drawn to this place or some place similar when you have something on your mind? Write about the memories evoked in your journal. Investigate what draws you to this place. Find a connection in your memory to the place. Does being there soothe you? Are all the memories happy ones, or are some sad?

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

No comments:

Post a Comment