Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Playing Catch Up



After all the things I've been through recently, I decided I probably needed to play catch up in my journal. There were several days I didn't get a chance to write in my journal because I had mum visiting. So, yesterday I sat down in one of my favourite cafes and started rereading my journal from the day I was expecting mum to arrive. What surprised me was how I had actually managed, on the days I did make entries, to get everything important down. I suppose that comes down to being a regular journal writer. So, I made an entry about how well I'd covered the events under stress. I added more notes on my emotional state, as most of that was covered by thin description.

How about you? Reread a particularly stressful event in your journal and write another entry on how well you managed to record your emotional state at the time. What else do you learn from rereading those entries?

I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

No comments:

Post a Comment