Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Favourite Journal Books



One book I turn to again and again is The New Diary. This is a book I've owned for quite some time. I have several other books on journal writing, but Rainer's book remains a favourite. Please share your favourite journal writing books, also any with a focus on visual journalling. I'm compiling a list as a resource for journal keepers of all persuasions everywhere.

Please leave your suggestions in the comments section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

3 comments:

  1. My favorite art/journaling books would be:
    Journal Bliss by Violette
    Hand Job by Michael Perry
    200 Projects To Strengthen Your Art Skills by Valerie Colston
    Danny Gregory has a few books that are great too.
    Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts has some great techniques.
    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! The book I re-read is Journal to the Self by Kathleen Adams. It's good to be reminded of all the different ways to write... especially the lists of 100.

    For visual journaling, I love Hannah Hinchman's two journal books: A Life in Hand and A Trail Through Leaves. Love her artwork, tho it's nothing I could accomplish! :)

    Happy Day,
    rift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both Rift and Kelly. I'm going to take some time to create a good resource list for these kinds of books. ;-)

    ReplyDelete