Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Things Done



I don't know about you, but one of the main reasons I don't get into as much visual art journalling as I'd like to is because I'm hardly ever alone. It's not that I really care what my partner will say about it, I suppose it's just the fact that I would have to say something at all. I'd like to just get on with creating something without the necessary descriptions and explanations that go along with doing anything at home. He's not a busy body and certainly wouldn't prevent me from doing so, but I just don't want someone around when I'm creating. It's not really that personal, I'd just rather make and do in solace.

I've tried to do this in public places like coffee shops, but apart from having to carry a lot of gear with me, I think I feel a bit the same. I'd rather make art when no one is looking. It's most likely a silly notion, but I'm holding out over this one thing.

Write in your journal about the things preventing you from getting into more visual expression in your journal. I hope you enjoy this journal writing prompt. Please leave any comments in the section below.

Heather
Photo used with permission from stock.xchng

No comments:

Post a Comment