Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Sample of My Art Journal Pages

Well, life likes to throw stuff at you just when you aren't expecting it, at all. A couple of weeks ago I took my husband into emergency at our hospital. His back pain had become completely out of hand. He was dragging his foot through the pressure and pain in his back. Enough was enough and we went and sat and waited for him to be seen. It's times like this I'm glad we have some kind of a health system at all. Anyway, they decided on surgery, but now he'll be in hospital, yeah, I different one to where I took him originally, but in hospital for anything up to six months.

So, that's the short version of a rather long tale. For now, I will simply say I'm really glad for the extreme journal course I've been doing. It has given me something to focus on instead of thinking about how bad things seem right now. I've been sketching, painting, drawing, and immersing myself in visual mixed media. It's been rewarding and just plain fun. Most importantly it has given me a wonderful distraction and a place to put all my angst.

Juliana Coles has a great way of getting me to loosen up and just create art. I love it, because I often get caught up and frozen from anticipating that this must be great, somehow. Creating visual journal pages is very theraputic, which is clearly what I need at the moment.

Anyway, I've decided to share just a few of the pages I've created because of the course.








Click here to visit Planet SARK.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your husband is feeling better.
    (Your journal pages are wonderful - so expressive)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hubby is on the mend, but we still don't know how long he'll be in hospital. ;-)

    ReplyDelete